Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Before There Was "The Notebook"...

Copyright: I saved these pictures on my computer using Google Search, so sadly, I don't have the links with me. But I'll be honest and proclaim I do not own these images!


Entertainment Spotlight Now Brings You the Featured Presentation!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/luuux-original-files/bookmarklet_uploaded/vs_1_0.png
The Notebook, 2004. But Titanic...1997!
   It started in 2004. One of the greatest love stories of all times hit the big screen and starred the coveted Ryan Gosling and darling Rachel McAdams. Yet, when I think about it, it reminds me of a movie I love just as much, maybe even more...

   That's right, kids. Before there was The Notebook, there was Titanic. And what was before Titanic? Romeo and Juliet. But we're not here for that! Read on to learn the similarities between two very famous love stories.

   Just where did I get the idea for this article? Well, the whole forbidden love due to social differences -- and they look the same, too! -- got me thinking... Can Noah and Allie's romance really resemble that of Jack and Rose's? Here are some pictures to summarize that comparison up.



1.) Rich Girl, Poor Boy
It's true: I'm a sucker for these movies. But think about it: Allie is rich, Noah is poor. Rose comes from a rich family, Jack is poor also! Just what is going on here?! Can they be...the same?? And, oh my, they're all so gorgeous! (Thank goodness for stage makeup! But where, oh where, is the symbolic I-love-you-even-if-you're-ugly-and-even-though-I'm-pretty message? Legally Blonde exactly.)


2.) Dinner With the Family
Huh. It looks like Noah was invited to dinner...by Allie's family. And hey, it looks like Jack was invited, too. Coincidence? I don't think so.


3.) Dancing Till We Drop
Do these poses look similar to you, or is it just me? Allie's in Noah's arms as they dance, Rose is in Jack's arms after she falls from her painful ballet pose... Aw, so romantic!


4.) I Now Present...the Fiance!
Cal and Lon look similar, don't they? Hmm, and they have interesting names, too. And look, they're engaged to the rich gals! But poor little Allie and Rose ditch them for their much better-looking counterparts. Sorry, guys. Seems like you've got some work ahead of you.


5.) It's a Bird!
This is probably my favorite scene from The Notebook. Not necessarily for Titanic, but I can't help but notice how familiar Allie's pose is when I really look at it...

1 comment:

  1. UIQGSDAHUJASFHJBSFCAJUHSAHBSDA WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?!!?
    MIND=BLOOOWN!

    ReplyDelete