Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Movie Review: "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (1961)

 Audrey Hepburn plays Holly Golightly, the craziest heroine who ever crept between the pages of a best-selling novel! 
http://film-hunter.com/covers/b/375523.jpg
Not Rated.
   After watching Audrey Hepburn's famous film Breakfast at Tiffany's, I turned to my mom and said, "So she likes Tiffany's. But what does it mean by she has breakfast there?" Well, there's only one scene where the title lives up to its name: And that's at the beginning. 

   Breakfast at Tiffany's, starring Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard (who has some of the bluest eyes I've ever seen!), is about a New York socialite, Holly Golightly, who falls in love with her new neighbor, penniless writer Paul Varjak. However, Paul's getting his money from a middle-aged cougar, who goes by the name 2-E, which I don't get at all. Holly has trouble saving money, and until then, she won't even give her cat a name. In fact, she's a gold digger -- and she wants to marry that Brazilian millionaire, Jose. But she also holds a secret about her past...
http://sheerglitz.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/tumblr_lqe4qx1lmf1qaosyxo1_500.jpg
Holly spends her nights partying
 and her days sleeping.

    A comedic story of friendship and blossoming love, this movie is considered a classic. It won two Oscars (Best Original Song, "Moon River"; Best Scoring of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture) and made Audrey Hepburn famous. It also won a lot  at the Grammy Awards for its song, "Moon River." Oh, and did I mention it has one of the best kissing scenes I've ever seen. Totally Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams styles. In the rain, you know?

Looks familiar?
   I think I was more worried about the cat getting thrown out in the rain at the end than Holly and Paul (who she calls Fred throughout the movie because he reminds her of her brother, Fred) getting in that huge, this-movie-is-almost-over fight. It was adorable, and I was going to name it Fluffy...

   Anyway, it's a must-see film if you're into movies and such entertainment. By the way, I saw Legally Blonde -- The Musical this weekend, and let me just say it was hilarious! I especially loved the opening song, "Omigod You Guys," because of some certain lyrics... ("They're just like that couple from Titanic, only no one dies!")

My Recommendation: *** 3/5 Stars for Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) starring Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard. IMDb rating: 7.8/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054698/

Watch the Trailer!




No comments:

Post a Comment